• May 18, 12:01 pmSENIORS: YOU GRADUATE IN 18 DAYS! KEEP GOING TIGERS!

Filed under Tigers in the Wild

Ashlee Farmer

How do you feel about the unpopularity of reading books? 

“Reading books is a nice pass time for anyone, it relaxes and excites you at the same time. As a kid, I hated reading. I thought it was pointless. Then I started reading Henry Mudge (or something like that, the dog book) and I really liked it. You just gotta find something you enjoy. After reading that book, I became a giant book worm and spent a lot of time in the library during middle school. I didn’t have a lot of friends in eighth grade so the library really became a place that I felt comfortable. Now the library is a place where kids go to play on coolmathgames and it saddens me. If children don’t read books, they will not build up a large vocabulary. They won’t have imagination or creativity. How do we expect to have amazing artists and innovators for improvement if we are not pushing kids to read and build creativity? Another thing is that if they don’t practice reading at a young age, they will be slow readers later in life. This is an useful skill to have. Actually-another point is how are we going to communicate news? We need to influence children to read so that they get in the habit and want to be informed on what is going on in the world. If we don’t enjoy reading, we will begin accepting the first bias opinion thrown at us and we won’t have our own thoughts” 

• Ashlee Farmer

Tigers in the Wild

Andrew Sanchez

• Ashlee Farmer

Tigers in the Wild

Juliano Bonilla Part 3

• Ashlee Farmer

Tigers in the Wild

Erin Bledsoe

• Ashlee Farmer

Tigers in the Wild

Juliano Bonilla Part 2

• Ashlee Farmer

Tigers in the Wild

Bryan Payne

Ashlee Farmer