Filed under Sports

Lady Tiger Fall Sports League Champions

This 2017-2018 school year has already started off strong with our Lady Tiger Fall sports.

This season, our Varsity Tennis, Volleyball, and Golf teams have all been named Sunbelt League Champions! Each team is moving on to CIF where they look to keep their winning streaks alive.

Girls Tennis has had an amazing season ending another fall season as league champions. This year marks the sixth year the tennis team has been undefeated league champs! Under the coaching of Dr. James Checco, the Lady Tiger Tennis team has gone sixty games without a loss. At League Finals for singles, captain Jena Wise had a first place finish. Captain, Daysha Adams placed third and Mia Papalii finished fourth. When asked about the season, captain Jena Wise says, “I am so excited for CIF individuals. My teammates and coach really pushed me to become a more confident player throughout this season and it led to this amazing opportunity to represent the Sunbelt League! Team CIF is going to be a lot of fun! I can’t wait to see my teammates being pushed physically and mentally out on the courts and putting their hearts into the game. I am so proud of my team!” The team has their first round of CIF on Wednesday, November 1st, at our own Elsinore High School tennis court at 2pm.

The Girls Volleyball team had an outstanding season ending another year as undefeated league champions! This year marks a total of four years with the program being undefeated. Senior captain, Asia Clarke, led the team in offense with a total of 434 kills for this season! Also, senior captain Ashley Farmer led her team in defense with a total of 279 digs! Coaches Renee Horton and Daniel Templeton have held the league championship record for the last fourteen years. When asked about the season, captain Asia Clarke says, “This volleyball season has taught me to become a strong leader and captain. I am really excited for this CIF playoffs. My team and I have worked really hard this season and I couldn’t be more proud of all we have accomplished, especially with it being my last year. I want to bring the confidence and competitiveness to the court and my team as we battle through CIF. And my last words to my team is Do Whatever It Takes.”  The team has the first round of CIF on Halloween night. The game will be played at 7pm against Murrieta Mesa on the Roberson court!

The Varsity Girls Golf team had an exceptional season also ending as undefeated league champions! The girls worked extremely hard this season and have been able to push past any obstacles thrown their way. They came together as a team and were very supportive of one another which ultimately led them to end with a record of 10-0. Senior, Claire O’Connor had an amazing season and was named the Sunbelt League MVP! Their first round of CIF starts on Monday, October 30th, at Jurupa Golf Course.

Each one of these girls has worked extremely hard in each game/match they faced. Each team looks forward to battling through CIF and hopefully making it to the CIF final game. Elsinore High School students and staff could not be more proud of all of these girls and look forward to supporting them this week! Congratulations to each one of these teams and remember, always believe in yourself and your teammates!

• Lady Tiger Fall Sports League Champions

Sports

EHS Summer Baseball

Sports

Summerly Park

Sports

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Sports

EHS Baseball Comes to an End

Opinion

Why People Should Join Sports

Lady Tiger Fall Sports League Champions