Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory (Part 1)

Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory (Part 1)

This high school newspaper article consists of merely a theory. Please don’t sue me. Thank you!

Carefully analyzing all the current information and updates regarding the recent COVID-19 pandemic, I have gradually become curious about the U.S. government’s involvement in the current issue. I believe that the wide spread of the coronavirus in America is the government’s way to control the population in our country. Population control has been an issue in the U.S. for centuries. It is a touchy subject, yet it has not been solved as far as citizens are aware of. This unsolved issue is very popular. In fact, in the world of Hollywood, many movies and TV shows take place in a futuristic setting where the government comes up with drastic ways to control population growth, seen in films such as The Hunger Games and The Thinning. Perhaps the futuristic era that screenwriters envision when writing these types of movies is the era we live in today.

In America, we are all aware of the coronavirus- what it is, what it is capable of, and where it originated from. It has been shown that the virus first erupted in China. We have gained this piece of information through news broadcasting stations, podcasts, newspapers, and radio talk shows. However, I recall learning where the virus originated through social media platforms and the recent content of memes in mid-January. If a simple 17-year old found out about the existence of the coronavirus in China a few months prior to the outbreak of COVID-19 in America, it seems more than likely that a powerful force such as the U.S. government could have been well aware of the wide spread in China a lot longer than just a few months leading to America’s current pandemic.

It is common knowledge that many items in America are made in China. Look around the room you are sitting in. Make a mental note of how many items filled in that room share a label that reads, “Made in China.” I can bet that at least five items in that room are from China. And of course, if American citizens are aware of the coronavirus taking over China, wouldn’t the government prepare the United States for the spread of the virus from China and protect the country before coming in contact with China through trade? If the government wanted to accomplish population control, they would just wait for China’s next shipment exported to the U.S. Using context clues, it appears that it was all a waiting game for our government. Who knows? Maybe the United States government got the idea of using the coronavirus to control population numbers from China. China has a larger population than America does. Maybe it was all just a chain reaction for large countries around the world to solve a global, long-overdue, issue without their citizens knowing the truth behind what the government could be hiding from us.