Filed under Features

Generation Z Was Raised This Way

You’re so quick to talk down upon my generation but you were the ones who raised us. This goes out to all of the adults that have so much to say about generation Z. Yes, we seem to be more dependent than other generations, we are very technology oriented, or we even dress a lot differently than past generations but have you ever stopped and thought why? Oh, yea! We were raised this way! As kids, we were given everything we wanted and hardly had to work for anything. I remember being in elementary and always receiving participation awards when I clearly didn’t deserve an award.

We expect things instantly because of the advancement of technology. Technology helps us get everything we want, when we want it. Is that our fault? No. The adults are the ones who created these contraptions and handed it to us as we grew up. I find it interesting how parents talk about how hard they had it as children yet expect us to understand. We were never there. We cannot relate. Don’t expect us to. Adults talk about how sensitive we are but again, we were hardly punished or disciplined as compared to older generations so when we are it affects us.

The way we dress is also something adults seem to be so bothered about. Yes, many girls seem to show off a lot more skin than the generations before but their parents let them walk out the house like that. If we start dressing a certain way and aren’t told to stop obviously we’ll use it to our advantage. Not only that but we are surrounded by social media influencers that dress “inappropriate” as well. We look up to these people, therefore we get our style from them.

I feel like the main thing we are judged on is about how technology and social media oriented we are. We literally grew up around it. It’s not our fault. We became addicted at a young age. This is the fault of parents and schools for giving us access.

I don’t mean to sound stuck up but I’m just being honest. Of course, there is a difference between being a bit impatient and being needy or being dependent and just being lazy. I know my generation is far from perfect but cut us some slack, you raised us this way.

• Generation Z Was Raised This Way

Features

Crayola Makeup Line

• Generation Z Was Raised This Way

Features

Keeping Your Room Clean

• Generation Z Was Raised This Way

Features

Skin Care for the Summer

• Generation Z Was Raised This Way

Features

Perfume Stay!

• Generation Z Was Raised This Way

Features

DIY Dessert: Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

Generation Z Was Raised This Way