Filed under Features

Parenting Styles

Have you ever wondered how your parent, or parents, influenced your life? Well one way to do so is to look up the four different parenting styles and see which one they fit. Are your parents chill and relaxed? Then you could have some permissive parents. Are they controlling and bossy? Sounds like you have an authoritarian parent. Are they reasonable and democratic? That is an authoritative parent. Have a parent that doesn’t care, or not involved in your life because they choose to do so? Then you are dealing with an uninvolved parent, and I’m sorry. However, no matter what parenting style your parent has you can find out and work to not get the negative effects that come along with whichever one. Knowing is half the battle and with the information you get you could change, or at least manage, the negative effects that you got. It has been proven that the most effective parenting is authoritative because it inspires children to develop critical decision making, evaluate safety, and grow to be happy and successful. I encourage you to take the initiative to see what you are dealing with, and it also can be helpful so you know what style to use when you become a parent if you choose to be one. In a way you’ll be helping your future kids if you think about it.

• Parenting Styles

Features

Crayola Makeup Line

• Parenting Styles

Features

Keeping Your Room Clean

• Parenting Styles

Features

Skin Care for the Summer

• Parenting Styles

Features

Perfume Stay!

• Parenting Styles

Features

DIY Dessert: Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

Parenting Styles