My Quarantine

My+Quarantine

In December of 2019, Coronavirus was discovered in Wuhan, China. Over time, it got progressively worse. It got to the point where in March 2020, we all unexpectedly went on lockdown. People that were in school had to go home. Students were to return a week or two later, but we never went back. Stores, malls, restaurants, etc. had to shut down. We had to stay in our homes and we couldn’t go anywhere. Students couldn’t finish the rest of the school year. Months have passed and many people were hitting their breaking points. People were going crazy for being stuck in the house for so long. I would be in my room most of the time, and it sucked. I had nothing to do at home and it was extremely boring. We all thought about school, are we going to go back ? How are we going to do it ? Since Covid was still bad, in August 2020, all students had to do online, and it was probably one of the worst things that happened in all of quarantine. I hated it so much, and all my friends hated it, but there were also people who liked it.

Distance learning was not easy. Students are used to being in a classroom physically learning, not sitting in front of a computer for 6 hours, 5 days a week. I personally didn’t learn much at all. Most of the time, it would be difficult to hear your teachers talk through a screen. There would be people who had very bad internet issues, noisy backgrounds, and more. I would turn in my assignments at first, but then I started getting less motivated as time went on. I started getting bad grades, but I wasn’t motivated to do anything. My mental health started to get bad. I felt drained, emotionally, and mentally. Every day after class was over, I would go to sleep for hours. By the time I woke up, it was evening. Eventually, I hated who I’d become, and I needed to do something that would just help me forget reality for a while, so I learned how to do makeup. That was probably one of the best things I did in a long time. I watched Youtube videos on how to do makeup, and I learned so much from it. I would go to the store and just get a bunch of drugstore brands. I even got a vanity so I could set all my makeup things up.

It’s now August 2021. Things have been getting so much better. Students are back in school learning physically and everything has opened up. Even my makeup adventure inspired me to go to cosmetology school in a few years and find my career. My mental health has improved so much and I like the person I am now. Things are getting better, but that doesn’t mean we’re still not in a pandemic.