The Struggles of Online School

The Struggles of Online School

September 9, 2021

Life has definitely changed over the years and school has too. When we got quarantined we had to start virtual with iPads, laptops, phones, etc. Everything was very confusing trying to learn how to use new technology and apps all in a couple of days and same with the teachers. I felt bad for the teachers because they just got told learn how to work this random app, and they did. They eventually learned how to work it to teach us and help their students out with online school. Turning in homework was a pain too, just trying to figure out how to upload pictures to Canvas from a phone to laptop took so much time and effort for one assignment. Everyone definitely struggled trying to get online school up and running in time to make it to their classes and for the homework that needed to be turned in. There were so many issues the first three weeks of school just trying to make sure people could get into zoom or had to make sure canvas was working. People were overwhelmed and they constantly emailed the teacher, their principals, or their counselors for help. Getting online school to work definitely helped staying safe, but it put so much stress on everyone: teachers, staff, parents, guardians, students, and so many other people. Putting that much stress on people is never a good thing, it’s exhausting and tiring. Overall online school was a struggle for a lot of people and it was tough but we all got through it!

Tiger Times • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in