Filed under Features

Regarding the ASB Controversy

I am not here to argue. I am here to inform.

There are four different ASB classes: Tradition, Academic, Pride, and Community Service (Freshmen). The Traditions class has the ASB officers who are in charge of events that go on on campus, the Academic class is in charge of announcing and awarding students who are academically successful, the Pride class is in charge of school spirit, and the Community Service class deals with any events or donations that have an effect on the community.

ASB has grown significantly during the 2017/2018 school year along with the variety of students who take part in what happens at school. This is my first year in ASB and I must say, I love it. I’ve gotten to be a part of a great class that genuinely cares about the students on campus. Keep in mind, I used to dislike ASB, looking from the outside in. After being accepted into ASB I’ve come to find that I was completely misinformed and didn’t realize what happens behind the scenes and that is the purpose of this article. I’m tired of seeing people attack each other for having wrong information.

YES, there are programs that are not recognized as well as they should be. But guess what? We’re working on it. We have multiple Pride Rallies a month and try to announce as many important programs we can at pep rallies. Also, people are very misinformed about the Pride Rallies. ASB DOES NOT CHOOSE WHO IS AWARDED. The staff on campus are 100% in charge of who deserves the award.

Another thing that people are misinformed about is prom. We ASB students do not choose when or where prom is. That is out of our control. There are rumors that we changed the prom because it interferes with ASB events and that is completely false. The prom date and location are chosen years in advance and ASB students have nothing to do with it.

YES, ASB is in charge of dress up days and the themes for the dances… THAT’S OUR JOB. We are put in charge to do so. But of course, if you have any suggestions let us know! We love hearing new ideas. The more people we have involved, the more we enjoy doing our job.

We should stop fighting over an elective. Being in a certain class does not define you. I agree that there may be some students who aren’t the kindest but this applies to ALL programs in the school. If you have a problem with the way things are run, get involved!  Drama is unnecessary.

• Regarding the ASB  Controversy

Features

Crayola Makeup Line

• Regarding the ASB  Controversy

Features

Keeping Your Room Clean

• Regarding the ASB  Controversy

Features

Skin Care for the Summer

• Regarding the ASB  Controversy

Features

Perfume Stay!

• Regarding the ASB  Controversy

Features

DIY Dessert: Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

Regarding the ASB Controversy