Filed under Student Life

Too many D’s and F’s within our school

It has come to my attention that teachers are saddened and confused as to why our school has so many D’s and F’s…as a student here at Elsinore High School I too have received an F in Algebra 2 last year and am now retaking it and passed the first semester with a B! If you are a student who struggles in math, do not feel ashamed or embarrassed because math is the most common subject kids seem to struggle with and this is one reason why we have D and F students.

If you are struggling in a class whether you are a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior it is your duty to get help ASAP! Teachers feel responsible for the lack of academic achievement within our school. Teachers are here to be our guide not to hold our hands every step of the way. Students I would like to encourage you to stay strong and academically achieve! You may regret this when you are older and regret the consequences that may come along with it. Find a reason to enjoy school more and to stay positive. Do homework and try to make your teachers proud! Try to find one reason to try more. If you have an issue with a teacher or maybe just have a hard time comprehending how a teacher may teach the curriculum in the beginning of the year you could try to switch to a new teacher, but this doesn’t happen often. Also tigers, have a positive attitude and show your teachers gratitude. Although we know there are a few teachers who seem to be giving us busy work and not really teaching us, I recommend you try to take AP Lang as a junior and Dual Enrollment senior year for English and history because from experience, in these classes you feel like you are being taught and you are open to great discussions and you learn a lot! One last thing tigers…if you have a goal or do not have a goal yet, find one and use it as your drive to academic success!

• Too many D’s and F’s within our school

Student Life

Incoming Freshman Tips

Student Life

Profile: Clariece Obispo

Student Life

A Hard Goodbye…

Student Life

Factors for How to Choose a College

Student Life

Senior Profile: Rachel Hendricks

Too many D’s and F’s within our school