• May 18, 12:01 pmSENIORS: YOU GRADUATE IN 18 DAYS! KEEP GOING TIGERS!

Filed under Opinion

Why I Write About Controversial Topics

I feel that it is important to discuss controversial topics. I believe that there are many different people and ideas in this world and that it is important to bring those ideas to light. People need to be able to comfortably discuss controversial topics. I am comfortable with it because I do not care what others think of me. I would rather write about what I am passionate about and believe needs to be vocalized than about something pointless. What is great about being a member of Journalism is that my articles get people talking. They get people thinking. I want them to do that, whether they agree with my positions or not. That is what democracy looks like. That is what America looks like. In this country, people have a voice and they should not be silenced. If you want to talk about something, talk about it. If you want to write about something, write about it. If you want something done in our broken political system, do something to fix it. Vote. Campaign. Volunteer. Organize. March. Protest peacefully. Do not use violence. Use your voice. You were gifted with that first amendment right to free speech. Don’t feel like you need to be “politically correct” by staying silent on issues that are important to you. Speak out. Write. Discuss. Make your voice heard. Make a difference in this world. Be loud. Be proud. Be you.

• Why I Write About Controversial Topics

Opinion

Reviewing the 2017-2018 Yearbook

Opinion

What I Will (and Won’t) Miss at Elsinore

Opinion

Should Teachers Assign Projects Mid Semester Instead?

Opinion

Why People Should Join Sports

Opinion

Why Fortnite is the Funnest Game Out Right Now

Why I Write About Controversial Topics