Filed under Features

The Pros and Cons of Child Leashes

As generations evolve, new styles and tools for parenting are introduced into society, with one of the newest being child leashes.  These leashes are often attached to backpacks worn by small children, and are used to keep a child from sprinting away from their parents.  Leashes like these have been most often used by parents of the most recent generations, and are seen as controversial due to the viewpoints of parents from an older generation.  Older parents see the leashes as dehumanizing, because of the connotations associating leashes with animals, and look at parents who use the leashes as unable to properly parent their child.  It seems that parents should be able to train their children, like previous parents have, to remain behaved without the assistance of a leash.  Parents supporting the use of leashes see it as a tool to teach children to be safe, and as a way to ease the stress of constantly monitoring a child in a public place.  Another pro is that the child will get more exercise from walking in a harness than if they were to be pushed around in a stroller.  The leashes will give children more freedom to walk, with the opportunity for parents to stop a child from misbehaving.  Overall, kid leashes can be viewed in a number of ways, but are just one step in the continued evolution of parenting tools and techniques.

• The Pros and Cons of Child Leashes

Features

Crayola Makeup Line

• The Pros and Cons of Child Leashes

Features

Keeping Your Room Clean

• The Pros and Cons of Child Leashes

Features

Skin Care for the Summer

• The Pros and Cons of Child Leashes

Features

Perfume Stay!

• The Pros and Cons of Child Leashes

Features

DIY Dessert: Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

The Pros and Cons of Child Leashes