Filed under Features

The First in the Family

3d white humans running with a red human

I wrote an article previously explaining that I was adopted. Well, being adopted by my family was the best thing to happen because it allowed me to know more of how my family is. My biological parents were high school dropouts who ended up getting their GED’s. My momma dropped out 2nd semester of junior year because she was pregnant with me and my dad just couldn’t do it, so he got his GED in prison. I will be the first to get my high school diploma and I couldn’t be happier to change the way my family goes. Most of my family dropped out because of the life style they live. I have changed the history of my family for the better, by pushing myself to get to the point in my life where I was going to be handed the diploma even with the struggles I have faced, I have made it possible. Everything happens for a reason and even if it was god or bad I still pushed and made it through. The past does not define who you are or what you could do.

Pricilla Jansen, Staff Writer
Pricilla is a proud senior at Elsinore High School. She often spends her time with her four younger sisters and in the karate dojo. She is the oldest child raised by a single mom who adopted her at the age of ten. Other than spending time with her younger sisters, she loves to hang out...
  • The First in the Family

Features

Crayola Makeup Line

• The First in the Family

Features

Keeping Your Room Clean

• The First in the Family

Features

Skin Care for the Summer

• The First in the Family

Features

Perfume Stay!

• The First in the Family

Features

DIY Dessert: Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

The First in the Family