Filed under Showcase, Student Life

Incoming Freshman Tips

Every new school year Elsinore gets new freshmen that come from different middle schools. Freshmen, listen up, here are some tips on how to keep your self on task during your first year in high school:

1. One tip to help you out in class is to always ask questions if you’re confused on anything. Simply ask your teacher and he or she will do a great job explaining to you how to help you on the subject your class is on and most likely solve your confusion issue.
  2. To get the grade you want you have to know the grade you have. All teachers post on Infinite Campus almost daily so always make sure you’re checking up on your grades, that way if you want the A+ you have to know what to do to get there.
  3. STUDY whenever your teacher says you have a test or exam. Always be sure to study at least 10 minutes a day to keep yourself prepared for that test. Ten minutes a day might sound like too much buts it’s worth getting that nice easy A and not having to worry about failing that test.
  4. The last tip is to simply have fun, meet new people, join clubs, sports, etc. EHS has lots of fun activities to get involved in on campus and most of them are really fun. School is only boring if you make it boring. You can make school better for yourself if you get involved with school and have fun along your 4 years you have here and they will be a blast!

Andrew Payne, Staff Writer
Andrew is a 10th grader at Elsinore High School and has attended this school for 2 years now and also plays on the JV baseball team here at Elsinore. Andrew is somewhat smart at some points but is not the brightest star in our class, but he can leave us speechless sometimes with his powerful...
  • Incoming Freshman Tips

Showcase

K-Pop Playlist

• Incoming Freshman Tips

Student Life

A Hard Goodbye…

• Incoming Freshman Tips

Showcase

Wear Sunscreen!

• Incoming Freshman Tips

Showcase

AP Summer Work

• Incoming Freshman Tips

Showcase

Are School Dress Codes Sexist?

Incoming Freshman Tips