Filed under Opinion, Showcase

Is The Life360 App an Invasion Of Privacy?

Ever consider how terrible it’d be if your parents could have 24/7 access on tracking your location and speed? Well that is now possible because of the Life360 app,  I think that it’s a bit excessive and I couldn’t imagine how horrible it’d be if my parents were constantly checking my location and my speed. The first time I came across the app was with my close friend. We were just entering Ortega Highway when he received a call from his mom asking why he was taking Ortega Highway and to return home immediately. I was extremely shocked about how the app can track you all the time. Not only is it for parents to track their children but after viewing Amazon reviews I couldn’t help but notice a review stating that a woman divorced her husband because he wasn’t at work for 7 minutes. Now that is insane! This app is free and it notifies everyone in your family when you turn the phone completely off, when you arrive to certain location, the amount of time it took you to arrive at your location, and the mph you were driving. What would you do if your parents made you download the Life360 App?

Bri Lopez, staff writer
Bri Lopez is a senior, and she recently moved this summer from Orange County. Bri may seem shy when first meeting her but after getting to know her, she is outgoing and funny. She is also very family oriented and would choose her family over anything. She hopes to pursue a career in law enforcement one day and when...
  • Is The Life360 App an Invasion Of Privacy?

Opinion

The Nearly Gone Series

Opinion

Should We Have Better Music for Lunch?

Opinion

School Vandalism

Opinion

How Can the School Be Better?

Opinion

Should You Buy the New iPhone?