Filed under Sports

NFL WEEK 1 RECAP:

The NFL recently wrapped up its first week of the 2018-19 season.  We got to see rookies start and some comeback stories. First off, the first game of week one was the Eagles taking on the Falcons. The ending score was 18-12 with the Eagles taking the dub. On Sunday we got to see the Steelers take on the Browns with the score ending in a tie! According to Wikipedia, the NFL hasn’t had a tie on opening week since 1971.  The rest of the games were regular type games accept for the Buccaneers and Saints game which ended 48-40 with the Bucs winning it. The total passing yards of that game was 846 with both quarterbacks throwing for a total of 7 touchdowns,according to ESPN. On Sunday night the game was the Packers taking on the Bears. The Bears went up early 20-3 going in to the 4th quarter. Just before the second quarter, Aaron Rodgers, quarterback for the packers, went down with an injury, but when the 4th quarter began he was in and the Packers scored 21 points and made a comeback with the score being 23-24 at the end of the game.  The final games of the week were on Monday night with the Lions taking on the Jets and the Rams taking on the Raiders. The Jets had rookie quarterback Sam Darnold start with Darnold having 2 TDS and 198 yards in passing with the Jets winning 48-17. The final game was the Raiders vs. Rams with the Rams winning. The game was back and forth with the Rams pulling away at the end.

Chase Shobe, staff writer

Chase Shobe is a Freshman at Elsinore High School. Chase has lived in the Lake Elsinore area all his life and is just now attending EHS. Chase is smart at facts such as sports and other type of games. His strengths are on the topics of American Football and Basketball. 

• NFL WEEK 1 RECAP:

Sports

Le’Veon Bell is running out of time!!!

• NFL WEEK 1 RECAP:

Sports

NFL Trade Deadline is Coming

• NFL WEEK 1 RECAP:

Sports

Boston Red Sox WIN World Series!!!

• NFL WEEK 1 RECAP:

Sports

The Girls Tennis Legacy Lives On

• NFL WEEK 1 RECAP:

Sports

Drew Brees: Record Breaking Quarter Back

NFL WEEK 1 RECAP: