Filed under Features

Why Should Individuals Attain a Degree ?

As a senior who plans on graduating this year, I happen to be a strong advocate for attending college. Though some may differ with my opinion, I try to encourage others and persuade non-believers about the benefits of attaining a higher education. For one, after attaining a degree, it gives the person a variety of careers and jobs to choose from, whereas students who inherit a family business are often limited to what they can do, because the only occupation that can be accomplished by the individual may be the one he or she is taking over. The hefty price of the degree is also capable of swaying others to not attend college, but, there are plenty of ways to work around the price to make it affordable. Arguably the most popular method, since it is often idolized in movies and TV shows is—scholarships. This technique offers thousands of dollars just by the traits an individual has, and not only that, it can be earned in a particular ares, such as a scholarship in sports, or in education. Financial Aid is yet another way to work around the money barrier.  In my personal opinion, I do not think that it matters where an individual attends college, or how old he or she is, I would rather have the person attend college, because the main reason I try to persuade others, is so they can have opportunities after high school, instead of having limitations bounding them.

Todd Aries Acebedo, staff writer

Todd Aries Acebedo is a seventeen-year-old senior at Elsinore High School who enjoys living on earth. This staff writer is an Aries and is a strong advocate for the intake of dihydrogen-monoxide. 

• Why Should Individuals Attain a Degree ?

Features

Real Friends vs. Fake Friends

Features

“The Dress”

Features

Should Netflix Stop Removing Good Shows?

Features

Sadness

Features

Profile: Mr. Emmerling