Filed under News

Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?

Although they are many worldwide problems, one that might seem interesting is the controversy with straws. One of California’s latest laws is banning restaurants from giving out plastic straws from food places in general. If the rules are not obeyed there will be up to a $300 fine annually. Some people say that it is better for our environment to ban straws, but others say that it doesn’t matter because there are many plastic objects that can ruin our economy and world setting. What do you think about the banning of straws?

About the Writers
Gizelle Mora, staff writer

Gizelle Mora is a 17 year old senior at Elsinore High School. She enjoys hanging out with friends and family.  Her favorite place to go is the beach. Her favorite color is blue. After she graduates high school she wants to go to college and study to be a pediatrician. Her favorite thing to do on her free time is watch movies. She enjoys going to North Carolina and San Diego to visit and spend time with her family.  

Daisy Meza, staff writer

Daisy Meza is 17 years old, she is a senior attending Elsinore High School. After she graduates she would like to attend Cal Poly for her nursing degree. On her free time, she likes to spend time with family and friends. She also enjoys swimming with her team mates at Elsinore High School. 

• Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?

News

Venezuelas Crisis

• Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?

News

Water Bottle vs. Water Bubble

• Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?

News

The End of Memes?

• Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?

News

Influenza (Flu)

• Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?

News

Typhoon Mangkhut

Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?