Filed under News

Venezuelas Crisis

The food and economic crisis in Venezuela has gotten worst since the years have progressed because of their horrible president. Venezuelans reported losing on average 24 lbs in body weight last year and almost 90 percent now live in poverty. Over 60 percent of Venezuelans have said that during the previous three months they have woken up hungry because they did not have enough money to buy food. Venezuela along with South America was once the largest oil reserves in the world leading them to be the  richest nations. However, with a fall in oil prices and other economic issues, it has turned into one of the poorest nations. Unfortunately, the country owes over $150 million to Indian pharmaceutical companies, but its central bank does not have a  hard currency left to sell and suspects up to $2.5 billion of its currency reserves were illegal making any debts unpayable.

About the Writers
Daisy Meza, staff writer

Daisy Meza is 17 years old, she is a senior attending Elsinore High School. After she graduates she would like to attend Cal Poly for her nursing degree. On her free time, she likes to spend time with family and friends. She also enjoys swimming with her team mates at Elsinore High School. 

Gizelle Mora, staff writer

Gizelle Mora is a 17 year old senior at Elsinore High School. She enjoys hanging out with friends and family.  Her favorite place to go is the beach. Her favorite color is blue. After she graduates high school she wants to go to college and study to be a pediatrician. Her favorite thing to do on her free time is watch movies. She enjoys going to North Carolina and San Diego to visit and spend time with her family.  

• Venezuelas  Crisis

News

Water Bottle vs. Water Bubble

• Venezuelas  Crisis

News

The End of Memes?

• Venezuelas  Crisis

News

Why Are Straws Bad For the Earth?

• Venezuelas  Crisis

News

Influenza (Flu)

• Venezuelas  Crisis

News

Typhoon Mangkhut

Venezuelas Crisis