Filed under Showcase

Six Recommendations For Beginners

When we think of the word anime, what immediately comes to mind are images of conventions, disguised people, role-playing games, cards… in short, any stereotype we have of the “geek” world. However, anime is much more than that. It is considered, in fact, an artistic current and even a social movement that has been the core of Japanese society for many years.

Now, what series of anime are the most recommended?

Well, this world is quite broad and there are thousands of titles that we would never end up covering. Anime has so much variety that everything is a matter of taste. However, this is a list of help for all those people who would be interested to start with the right foot in the world of anime… and even if you are not interested it would be good to take your time and give the opportunity to one of these series, or maybe you can encourage yourself to find one that catches your attention.

1. Cowboy Bebop

Image result for cowboy bebop

This is the story of the adventures, misadventures and tragedies of a group of bounty hunters who travel aboard the “Bebop,” their spaceship. This anime explores themes such as existentialism and its emptiness … in truth it is one of the animes with the best endings of history.

2. Neon Genesis Evangelion

This story takes place in a futuristic environment where a paramilitary organization called NERV protects humanity from the attacks of beings of unknown origin called “Angels” with giant robots called “EVA”.

3. Full Metal Alchemist

Related image

Ooooohhh yeah! Here alchemy is one of the best techniques known by man. This is the story of the brothers, Edward and Alphonse, who want to restore their bodies by means of the philosopher’s stone after a failed attempt to resurrect their mother through alchemy.

4. Attack On Titan

Related image

One of the series that is most liked for its history full of mystery and action, in addition to a very well used development. Here, Eren Jaeger lives in a world where the human population lives inside cities surrounded by enormous walls to protect themselves from the appearance of HUGE beings that devour people.

5. Sword Art Online

Related image

This story focuses on a future where the multiplayer role-playing virtual reality online video game, Sword Art Online (SAO) is put on sale and the creator prevents players from leaving the game by putting a condition: reach the 100th floor of the game tower and defeat the final boss or die both in the game and in real life.

6. Death Note

Related image

Everyone has heard about this anime and it is for a very good reason. It is totally incredible!
Light Yagami is a high school student who finds a notebook called Death Note that is capable of killing people just by writing their names inside it. Light focuses on creating a world free of criminals where there is no evil, however his plans are frustrated by “L”.

So… what do you say? Will you give them an opportunity? or if you have seen them before, would you recommend another one?

Valentina Munoz, staff writer

Valentina Munoz is a senior at Elsinore High School. She enjoys everything related with art such as music, dance, writing, drawing, and filmmaking. One of her favorite hobbies is writing short novels on an online website and designing little
trailers for them, that’s why she would like to study cinematography to develop her interests and skills. She was born in Colombia and she lived there a big part of her life… maybe that’s why she’s in love with coffee…

Anything else you need to know about her? Oh yes! If you feel better talking to her in Spanish, don’t doubt about it, estará encantada de entablar una conversación contigo ❤
The best thing you can say to yourself: A dream is a dream and it can’t be just big, it must be
huge.

• Six Recommendations For Beginners

Showcase

What To Do When You Feel Like You’re Being Followed

• Six Recommendations For Beginners

Showcase

The Struggles of a Student Athlete

• Six Recommendations For Beginners

Showcase

Forgetting About Thanksgiving

• Six Recommendations For Beginners

Showcase

Danza Azteca Xochipilli

• Six Recommendations For Beginners

Showcase

Do the Restrooms Need Some Updates?

Six Recommendations For Beginners