Will Donald Trump Stay in the White House?

November 13, 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

President Donald Trump has suffered a loss in the White House after the November 6th, 2018 midterm elections.

One day after elections the Republicans lost control of the United States House of Representatives, allowing the Democratic Party to take it over.  They have not had a majority in the House of Representatives since 2010. Within the seats, there are hundreds of women and different races, which led this to become a historic event for the Democratic party.

Donald Trump’s presidency is at stake, along with his political career, as the Democrats take control. During his midterm interview at the White House a day after voting was in, he declared that the Democratic win was a “Big victory” for the White House.

In a tweet Wednesday morning, President Trump  said he “received so many Congratulations from so many on our Big Victory last night, including from foreign nations (friends) that were waiting me out, and hoping, on Trade Deals.” He then added: “Now we can get back to work and get things done!”

As a Republican, it wasn’t apparent whether he was signaling a hope to work with Democrats, whom he falsely “attacked” as dangerous socialists in recent weeks ahead of the midterms.

In another tweet, he said that “those that worked with me in this incredible Midterm Election, embracing certain policies and principles, did very well” while those who did not can “say goodbye!” Trump endorsed numerous candidates across the House and Senate warzones this year, but all those individuals saw mixed results on Tuesday. Some members of Congress who embraced the president and almost always voted with him still lost their seats. and President Trump insulted the ones who were with him since the beginning.

Will he be able to politically stand in the White House until the 2020 Presidential Elections?

Tiger Times • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in