Filed under Showcase

What Would Life Be Like Without Technology?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Technology is used in our every day life. Students tend to use technology as an advantage to research answers for a worksheet, or for pictures to draw for a specific assignment. Teachers use technology to project things so that they can teach. People all around use technology for entertainment. Can we picture things without technology? We would have to live as our ancestors have had to in the past. Would it be easy to adapt to?

Television, phones, computers. Nowadays these things are used for everything. For class, work, activities. A world without technology would force people to actually socialize more frequently (mainly referring to adolescents). We would have to find a way to keep ourselves active. Jobs would be altered and not as advanced as it is today. Even getting from one place to the other would be a struggle. Technology has made life so convenient for humans that being without it is a very scary thought. Imagine not having a cell phone and a person you care deeply about was kidnapped or they ran away. You would have no way to get ahold of  them. You would have to wait impatiently while the police searched for them.

There are pros and cons to a life without tech. Because of this new reliance we are losing the ability to take care of ourselves. Socially, society has been affected. People tend to mix up social with social media, and they are completely different concepts. Although some people have anxiety around crowds, and frankly are just naturally shy people, this wouldn’t be so difficult if we grew up having to socialize with individuals around us. People communicate over certain apps or sites without even knowing who the person is. Several murders around the world could’ve been prevented if one hadn’t met the other over the internet. Some would say that the individual should have enough common sense to refrain from talking to a stranger, but sometimes when someone gives a listening ear, people are quick to get comfortable. All in all, technology can be just as bad as it is useful.

Hailey Schroeder, staff writer

My name is Hailey Schroeder, and I am sixteen years old. I was born on May 7th of 2002. My ethnicity is half Mexican and half Polish. I have a skin condition...

• What Would Life Be Like Without Technology?

Showcase

All the Candy Created Since 2002

Showcase

Join Earth Club!

Showcase

Counselors are Important

Showcase

Day of the Little Candles

Showcase

Stupid Decisions