Filed under News

Wikipedia Potential Site Shutdown

As of Monday December 3rd, 2018 the worldwide known website, Wikipedia, is at risk of being shutdown.

The site stated, “To all our readers in the U.S.It’s a little awkward, so we’ll get straight to the point: This Monday we humbly ask you to defend Wikipedia’s independence. We depend on donations averaging about $16.36, but 99% of our readers don’t give. If everyone reading this gave $3, we could keep Wikipedia thriving for years to come. The price of your Monday coffee is all we need. When we made Wikipedia a non-profit, people warned us we’d regret it. But if Wikipedia became commercial, it would be a great loss to the world. Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a place for advertising. It unites all of us who love knowledge: contributors, readers and the donors who keep us thriving. The heart and soul of Wikipedia is a community of people working to bring you unlimited access to reliable, neutral information. Please take a minute to help us keep Wikipedia growing. Thank you.”

Without the donations to Wikipedia, we will no longer be able to find quick  and useful information. In order for the site to stay up donations can be made to make sure  we have access to this amazing website.

Tatiyana Dotson, staff writer

This is Tatiyana. She came from Orange County, California and is starting her senior year here at Elsinore High School and is desperately waiting to...

• Wikipedia Potential Site Shutdown

News

Tear Gas Used on Migrants in Tijuana

• Wikipedia Potential Site Shutdown

News

Is This Another Bonnie and Clyde?

• Wikipedia Potential Site Shutdown

News

Will Donald Trump Stay in the White House?

• Wikipedia Potential Site Shutdown

News

Shooting in Thousand Oaks Leaves 12 People Dead

• Wikipedia Potential Site Shutdown

News

Bus Crashes After Driver Was Attacked

Wikipedia Potential Site Shutdown