Filed under Features

Oversized Clothing

Back to Article
Back to Article

Oversized Clothing

Photo Credit: Haigwood Studios

Photo Credit: Haigwood Studios

Photo Credit: Haigwood Studios

With the media advancing, it is indicative for humans to pick up the pace. Social media has become a major outlet to allow for fashion to evolve and diffuse to different countries. New clothing trends have been able to take shape due to social media, and in light of these new trends, oversized clothing has grown steadily to become a staple in arguably every fashionista’s closet. Oversized clothing allows individuals to wear any sort of clothing, while giving off a certain “cozy” look, an example being Kanye West, a major pop culture influencer who has been seen on many separate occasions utilizing the oversized clothing trend to its greatest potential. The major advantage to the oversized fashion trend, is that practically anyone can take part in it, since the only step in shopping for oversized clothing, is to purchase one or two sizes higher than the fitted fit. In my personal opinion, normally I am a size large, but however, when shopping for oversized clothing, I tend to purchase either an XL or a XXL. I would recommend purchasing oversized clothes for exclusively tops only, since if an individual were to match both an oversized shirt and jeans, it gives off a certain blocky type look. Ultimately though, it all comes down to the wearer’s preference, but it does not hurt to try some oversized clothing to spice up a look.

Todd Aries Acebedo, staff writer

Todd Aries Acebedo is a seventeen-year-old senior at Elsinore High School who enjoys living on earth. This staff writer is an Aries and is a strong...

• Oversized Clothing

Features

Money Sucks

• Oversized Clothing

Features

Get a Job

• Oversized Clothing

Features

Advantages of Online Shopping

• Oversized Clothing

Features

How to De-stress

• Oversized Clothing

Features

The Truth About Orcas Kept in Captivity

Oversized Clothing