Filed under Features

All the Candy Created Since 2002

Back to Article
Back to Article

All the Candy Created Since 2002

There is a wide variety of candy on this planet, but how many have been released since I was born? In 2002, Dulce de Leche M&M’s came to be. Their time in stores was fairly short, but it was a small process because of the growing Hispanic market in the United States. In 2003, Hershey’s special dark chocolate kisses were released for a limited time, but they were so popular that they remain on shelves today. 2004 was the time for SpongeBob Edition WonderBall candies. These were originally released in the 90’s, but were introduced again in 2004. Going off of the fact that I have never even heard of this sweet, it didn’t last long for its second shot either. In 2006, Reese’s Crispy Crunch was introduced, and it was a treat that was favored for its crunchy, crispy, chocolatey, and peanut butter taste. In 2009, a candy called Thingamajig came as a limited addition sister bar to Hershey’s Whatchamacallit candy bar. In 2010, the Take 5 five layer candy bar was released, and it seemed to be a good snack. It contained milk chocolate, pretzels, peanut butter, caramel, and peanuts. In 2011, Double Bubble’s Painterz Mouth Coloring Gum came as a creative favorite to kids. This gum was marketed for Halloween 2011, and came in 5 different flavors, leaving your mouth the same color the bubble gum was. Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Cookie Candy Bars were released in 2012. They came in 3 flavors, Peanut Butter Creme, Caramel & Coconut, and Thin Mints. Hershey’s Candy Corn Bars were available in bite size portions in years past, but year 2015 was the first year this candy hybrid was sold in full-sized bars. The white chocolate bar is speckled with orange and yellow candy bits, giving the appearance and taste of everyone’s favorite Halloween candy. All in all, candy is something every adult and child can admire throughout the years. People can cherish every delicious flavor this world has brought just beyond a wrapper.

Hailey Schroeder, staff writer

My name is Hailey Schroeder, and I am sixteen years old. I was born on May 7th of 2002. My ethnicity is half Mexican and half Polish. I have a skin condition...

• All the Candy Created Since 2002

Features

The Traffic Sucks

• All the Candy Created Since 2002

Features

14 Horror Movies Coming in 2019

• All the Candy Created Since 2002

Features

YouTube Is Going to Repeatedly Play Ads Until You Pay Up

• All the Candy Created Since 2002

Features

Summer or Winter?

• All the Candy Created Since 2002

Features

Kardashians ‘Concerned About Kylie Jenner’ as She’s Forced to Ditch Jordyn Woods

All the Candy Created Since 2002