Filed under Features

The Benefits of Celebrating Christmas on the 24th

Back to Article
Back to Article

Traditionally, most American individuals celebrate Christmas on December 25th, but my family celebrates on the 24th of December. In some ways, this is far more convenient as well as beneficial. Celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve is beneficial because once the family is gathered together and presents are ready to be opened, you don’t have to worry about getting up early the next morning for the children to open their gifts. Not only that, but all the food that was made previously can be used on Christmas Day if any immediate family decides to show up. People get their gifts earlier, and get to sleep in later. Christmas isn’t all about the gifts, so it is also nice to gather with all of your family and enjoy the night. I only celebrate Christmas with one side of the family, and I always feel more comfortable to be around my relatives on a chilly December night. Most of my relatives have a struggle with the split Christmases for in laws, so it is beneficial to celebrate Christmas on the 24th, so that they can celebrate with the other half of their family for a full day as well as the other. Christmas Day is normally chaotic in the streets, and even more crazy when preparing for the family to come over, so celebrating on Christmas Eve eliminates the added stress. You will be able to relax the whole day, while watching a movie and sipping on some hot chocolate. The children will be able to play with all their new gifts they have received, so the vibe is neutral. Most Mexican Americans celebrate Christmas on the 24th, such as my family. All in all, Christmas is amazing for it is the birth of Christ, but Christmas Eve is the time to celebrate with the whole family!

Hailey Schroeder, staff writer

My name is Hailey Schroeder, and I am sixteen years old. I was born on May 7th of 2002. My ethnicity is half Mexican and half Polish. I have a skin condition...

• The Benefits of Celebrating Christmas on the 24th

Features

The Traffic Sucks

Features

14 Horror Movies Coming in 2019

Features

YouTube Is Going to Repeatedly Play Ads Until You Pay Up

Features

Summer or Winter?

Features

Kardashians ‘Concerned About Kylie Jenner’ as She’s Forced to Ditch Jordyn Woods