Filed under Opinion

Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day

Stay dry! On February 14, Valentine’s Day, Elsinore High School was hit with a brutal storm that ravaged many students’ attire by drenching them in coats of rain water. While many students enjoyed the luxury of staying home and not dealing with this horrible weather, others had to endure the heavy rainfall and strong winds that tore up Elsinore High School. As a student driver, my first class starts at 6:26 on most days, so that means I had to drive in this storm while it was still dark. This however, made it extremely difficult to maneuver and drive in the rain, because I had trouble watching out for puddles and flooding on the streets. Luckily, I was not one of the few whose car broke down due to the awful weather, because being in that situation would be dreadful. Once I arrived at school, walking to class was a nightmare, since the cold rains and strong winds continued to push me back, but as I noticed other students walking to class, I began to notice others struggling to walk to class as well. I came up with the conclusion—school should have been canceled. Not canceling school during a heavy rain, to which many students here are not accustomed, is extremely dangerous. Slipping in the rain is a high possibility since many students do not have the correct attire to use in these types of weather conditions, mainly because in Lake Elsinore and Wildomar, the weather tends to be warm and sunny. There are probably certain conditions that the school has that would cancel school, but however, the prerequisites to cancel school is too high then. Coming from a senior in his last year of high school, it would probably be more beneficial to cancel class on a day of bad weather conditions, such as how it was on February 14. 

Todd Aries Acebedo, staff writer

Todd Aries Acebedo is a seventeen-year-old senior at Elsinore High School who enjoys living on earth. This staff writer is an Aries and is a strong...

• Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day

Opinion

One Reason To Hate the Rain

• Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day

Opinion

Disappointment In My Own Generation

• Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day

Opinion

Is Abortion an Option?

• Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day

Opinion

Why Cell Phones Should Not Be Allowed In School

• Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day

Opinion

Mirrors for Elsinore High

Bad Weather on Valentine’s Day