Filed under Sports

Nine Year Old Riley Morrison

Just over three months after nine-year-old Riley Morrison penned a letter to Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry expressing frustration that she couldn’t find any of his signature shoes in the girls’ section of Under Armour’s website, Morrison will be able to find shoes she helped Curry design. Under Armor said on Thursday night that the UA ICON Curry 6 United We Win colorway will be available beginning on International Women’s Day on March 8, and includes a personal touch from Morrison. Morrison designed different sockliners that read “Be Fearless,” “Girl Power,” “Girls Hoop Too” and “Rock The Currys.”

“I was immediately impressed when I saw Riley’s letter,” Curry said. “That a nine-year-old girl had the courage to use her voice to call attention to an issue and keep us accountable.” Morrison and her family will be special guests of Curry’s at the Warriors’ Friday night game to celebrate International Women’s Day, and chances are she will be rocking her new kicks.

About the Writers
Daisy Meza, staff writer

Daisy Meza is 17 years old, she is a senior attending Elsinore High School. After she graduates she would like to attend Cal Poly for her nursing degree....

Gizelle Mora, staff writer

Gizelle Mora is a 17 year old senior at Elsinore High School. She enjoys hanging out with friends and family.  Her favorite place to go is the beach....

• Nine Year Old Riley Morrison

Sports

Who’s better The Browns or The Raiders

• Nine Year Old Riley Morrison

Sports

NFL Free Agents

• Nine Year Old Riley Morrison

Sports

The NFL Combine is Coming

• Nine Year Old Riley Morrison

Sports

The Steelers are Done

• Nine Year Old Riley Morrison

Sports

Super Bowl Was So Boring…

Nine Year Old Riley Morrison