Filed under Uncategorized

The Benefit of Sunshine

Have you ever just relaxed out in the backyard, or at the park on a nice sunny day? If so, have you ever really appreciated it? Sunshine can benefit the health of humans in many different ways. First off, when natural sunlight hits the skin it triggers the body’s production of vitamin D. Vitamin D is good for overall health. It protects against inflammation, lowers high blood pressure, helps muscles, and improves brain function. The body is meant to be in the sun. When it is not, it can be crucial to your wellbeing. Exposure to sunlight has a huge impact on depression. It is advised to get around 10-15 minutes of sunlight a day. Ladies, we all know you try to get that tan in the summer time, and the natural way is the sun way. Sunlight increases levels of serotonin, which helps promote feelings of happiness. So if you are having a bad day, take a step outside and take in the joys of the sun! Not only that, but the best time to be active is when it is nice and sunny outside! There are so many more things to do like swim, go on a hike, play with water balloons, etc, so it really increases the amount of physical activity for some individuals. Seasonal Affective Disorder, also know as SAD, is a form of depression that is roused by changing seasons. The lack of sunshine is linked to the causing of this disorder. As you can see, sunshine provides of lot of ingredients to benefit your health. It plays an important role to keep our bodies in check and we do not even realize it. All in all, I think I am going to be spending more of my time in the sun and there is no way that I would be regretting it!

Hailey Schroeder, staff writer

My name is Hailey Schroeder, and I am sixteen years old. I was born on May 7th of 2002. My ethnicity is half Mexican and half Polish. I have a skin condition...

• The Benefit of Sunshine

Uncategorized

MLB Opening Week was Great

• Uncategorized

Melanie Newbold

• The Benefit of Sunshine

Uncategorized

Thousand Oaks Shooting

• Uncategorized

Kailey Martin

• Uncategorized

Peyton Miller

The Benefit of Sunshine