Filed under Showcase

Summer: a Lovely Nightmare

Back to Article
Back to Article

Summer: a Lovely Nightmare

Because the last winter temperatures dropped a lot and a big part of California became a huge freezer, several forecasts suggest that this summer will have equivalent temperatures and maybe even worse.

In these last weeks, despite being in spring, the weather starts to get hot really fast and unfortunately for people like me, the lovely nightmare of summer is approaching.

There is a stereotype of Colombia in which people assume that the whole country has tropical weather and that it is full of beaches, so they also assume that every Colombian is in love with hot weather.

However, although we have several coastal and tropical regions, there are many others where the weather that predominates is cold (the capital, for example).

We do not experience the change of seasons given that Colombia is close to the Equator, so the weather is, to say it in some way, static and completely different depending on the region.

Bogota is a cold place where thunderstorms or intense winds are a matter of everyday life… and although for some it sounds terrifying, the truth is that it’s something cozy when you have lived in that environment most of your life.

So although summer represents paradise for many, for me it’s almost like a lovely nightmare.

Valentina Munoz, staff writer

Valentina Munoz is a senior at Elsinore High School. She enjoys everything related with art such as music, dance, writing, drawing, and filmmaking. One...

• Summer: a Lovely Nightmare

Showcase

You’re Not Alone

• Summer: a Lovely Nightmare

Showcase

Peer Pressure

• Summer: a Lovely Nightmare

Showcase

“Lockdowns Bother Me”

• Summer: a Lovely Nightmare

Showcase

AP Testing

• Summer: a Lovely Nightmare

Showcase

What to Do When You Don’t Know What to Write About

Summer: a Lovely Nightmare