A Delicious Day

On August 25th, it’s the tastiest national day of the month anyone could ask for, it’s National Banana Split Day. A banana split is the delicious treat of ice cream with a banana split in half, then put on both sides of the ice cream and with some whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top. Originally created in 19o4 by a man named David Stricter, a pharmacist in Pennsylvania, who enjoyed inventing new sundaes to sell, this one became his biggest hit yet. Now most ice cream and, well, more importantly, banana splits are mostly sold at ice cream parlors or you could make your own following these simple instructions:

First, if you want to be traditional, get a long dish, it’s called the boat. Then cut a banana lengthwise and place it inside the boat. Now just any ice cream you want on top and boom, banana split. You could add toppings to it like whipped cream and strawberries and chocolate syrup, but you don’t have to. But, you could go online and search for a recipe of a banana split, whatever sounds good to you but whether it’s hot, cold, dry or moist outside, at the end of the day, get out there, and go treat your self with a banana split on the national day for it!