Gran Turismo, Good or Bad?

Gran Turismo, the movie, is the real life story of British racer Jann Mardenborough and Nissan’s original idea of marketing towards professional video game racers. The idea of making a gamer into a super star racer seems ridiculous, and it is. The movie also points this out but they gave it a shot. The Nissan driving school chooses the ten best players to become great racers, and Jann Mardenborough ended up winning, then got a contract to be Nissan’s racer in the competitive scene. The only rule to the contract is, he has to get the driver’s racing permit, which he gets through struggle which includes an accident in the middle of a race which kills someone. He has the whole racing scene against him for the accident, with only one option left, win the podium in the most skill-intensive track known to man, called Le Mans. Of course he wins third place but watch the movie for the thrill, drama, and love the actors and screewriters put into the real world people that this story is about. But is the movie good? I think it is, sitting there in the theater, eating popcorn and sipping on my slurpee, my heart pounding, adrenaline rushing and watching this gamer overcome the obstacles in his way, it’s insane. So go watch the movie and make your own opinion on it, just don’t forget to enjoy the show.