The Problem With Murder Mysteries

Recently I saw “A Haunting in Venice” and it has a massive problem murder mysteries have. The killer is too obvious. As of right now I don’t want to spoil the movie but I will tell you a lot of the scenarios that murder mysteries have that are just bad. First we have the loving person, usually this is someone that loves the murdered person so much that when the murdered person did something the loving person didn’t like, they released their anger in some way without showing the murdered person. They are also very controlling of the murdered person and usually look overwhelmingly innocent compared to other suspects. Next we have the ghosts, where the murder victim’s ghost finds the killer but before killing them, the ghost kills their killer. It’s just not very surprising but sometimes it’s entertaining. Usually it ends with violent ghostly activity and/or every clue leads to a dead end. Finally we have the helper, this person usually looks a more innocent compared to others but will try to get involved with the detective as much as possible. But the best murder mystery ever created is the masterpiece that is CLUE!