What’s in a Name?

Four letters, that’s what.
Whats in a Name?

Not much thought goes into naming something, especially when that something is a silly stuffie or a bug you see crossing the street.

From Dave to Madam FickleFart, Sir Quawkerson the III to Lewis, or even just Henry. Names are sounds that we have grown accustomed to listening for, and turning when it’s spoken (much like our pets). Certain names can be shortened, others merely being given a new title.

Like Christopher into Pher. No, but seriously– letters can be removed or added, shuffled or left alone. Madelines are a more known example: Maddy, Lynn, Adeline, or even Moody Maddy. To be loved is to be changed, and it is such a wonderful feeling when you get a new sound to listen for.

Depending on who you’re around, you don’t let others use the nickname graciously bestowed upon you. It’s reserved for the one who chose it for you, the person who uses it the most and says it with love, even if the name is PookieWookieJellyBeanMuffinCake. Regardless, if it means more coming from the one who calls you by the new name, it’s alright to not want to share with others. At least, that’s how I feel.

/\__/\