Are We Screwed?

Probably.

The newest generation has gone to bust. Some are rude, snotty brats, or as dumb as doorbells. No offense to doorbells, they’re actually really nice!

Several teachers from elementary to middle school have reported that their students can’t read, do simple math, or are so disrespectful to the point that they’d be verbally assaulting their teachers. More on that later.

Generation Alpha has become so dependent on technology that current studies predict that they’ll be better with it than us, Gen Z. But there’s a downside. They’re dependent on technology, not on each other. Generation Alpha cannot work in groups, they tend to work independently, expressing leadership roles instead of being collaborative.

Now, I’m not saying this is a bad thing, but it’s not too good, either. Being able to collaborate is a skill most if not all jobs looks for, not being able to handle collaborations with coworkers can lead you to a path of most resistance because they choose to be that way. We live in newer times, with new rules, and new ways of life.

It may not be their fault, as a study shows that many Gen Alphas are showing signs of depression because of ‘helicopter parents’ that don’t let them develop coping or people skills. But they’re reflecting outbursts on poor teachers who are just trying to offer help. And that is NOT okay.

Teachers of Generation Alpha are LEAVING, quitting as fast as possible and dropping like flies. Why? They complain about the same thing; Quarantine has changed us. Gen Alpha isn’t learning as efficiently anymore. Cheating was a breeze during Zoom or Google Meetings, and they’re already experts on technology, they’ve worked around preventions. Even now, Gen Z has been using AI to submit work, and it’s only going to happen more frequently.

We aren’t learning, anymore. I’m not learning anymore. Lately, it seems like we’re just trying to inch towards the finish line. The year is almost over, and State Testing is soon. We’re all itching for summer, and we’ve begun to shut off. We’re running dry.

Generation Alpha has cheated its way through Quarantine, and it’s coming back to bite the rest of us in the butt. Should these children not learn how to read, to do basic addition, or even learn to communicate with peers, we’re in the deep end.

Also, whoever is in charge of paying teachers, pay them more. Even in high school there’s students who act like Gen Alpha, and they drive the ones who are learning nuts. Teachers aren’t babysitters, they’re educators. Put some respect on their names.

/\__/\