What’s An Ick?

Let’s find out.
Whats An Ick?

An ick is a word used to express disgust. You know that trend, “He gave me the ick!” That’s not how you’re supposed to do it.

If it ‘gave you the ick’ you would have gagged, retaliated or said, “Ick!” Which could also be replaced with, “Yuck!” as these two are synonyms.

But as for current media, when something ‘gives you the ick’, it’s to say something like, “When he said he doesn’t brush his teeth in the morning, it gave me the ick.”

Well, yes. That’s disgusting, sure. But did he specify? Did he say, “I couldn’t brush my teeth this morning cause I was late.” Or did he truly say, “I never brush my teeth in the morning.”

‘Icks’ range from someone saying they don’t like vanilla ice cream cause it’s too plain (I hate you if you say that, vanilla ice cream is amazing) or if they say all dogs are meant to sleep outside. At that, I’d definitely say, “Yuck!”

An ick is what someone does that bothers you, even if it’s small, “I put on one sock then one shoe, then my other sock, and then my other shoe.” It’s not enough to make you say it’s horrible or just straight up psychotic (which it’s not, it doesn’t hurt anyone), but it makes you think differently.

It’s odd, different. Different from you. Icks are mainly different views of how you normally live your life, and there are several horrible ones that may make you take off those rose colored glasses. Unless you’re both red flags.

Tune in next time where hopefully Spring Break doesn’t make mush of me!

/\__/\