The Problem with Trunk or Treats

Now that Halloween has come and gone, it’s blatantly obvious that there’s been a lack of trick or treaters in various neighborhoods. With houses being left with more candy and less participants, Trunk or Treats have been left to blame by many adults all over social media. If you’ve never been to a Trunk or Treat, it’s basically a park or church setting full of cars that hand out candy through their trunks, allowing kids to just walk from one car to the next to collect candy with ease. But even though it’s easy, Trunk or Treats tend to lack the fun and joy of walking up to a decorated house and saying trick or treat just because of how easy it is. There’s no extra hassle involved in finding houses and it’s a shorter activity. But in my opinion, just because it’s easier doesn’t make it worthwhile. Trick or treating used to be about living in the moment and walking up and down your neighborhoods for candy. And many adults who grew up in the 80’s and 90’s can agree to that. So I say that it’s unfair to have a tradition such as Halloween die down because of this newfound efficiency. It’s not as fun as traditional trick or treating and if you wanted to get candy the quick and easy way, then it’s better to just buy a bag at the store and call it a day.