Ryan Garcia Vs. Devin Haney

Last Saturday we got to see the start and end of the Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney fight and I am lost of words of how amazing the fight went. I had originally wanted Ryan Garcia to win because he is representing Mexico and the United States in the fight and also for the fact that I had put $300 on him to win. Leading up to the fight people had thought that Ryan was not taking the fight seriously or not because of questionable antics over the past months and weeks leading up towards the fight. He didn’t make weight for the fight and he chugged a beer at the weigh in press conference as well making a bad impression on him and had people questioning, “Is he gonna win the Fight?” Once the under cards of the fight was over it was time for Ryan and Devin to go at it in a 12 round boxing match. It started off calm when Ryan was able to wobble Devin in the first round but Devin was able to recover and keep his composure in the fight for the future rounds ahead. The fight was pretty even since the first round till in the 8th round Ryan wobbled Devin for the second time and actually knocked him down, but he ended up getting back up and continued fighting. The 10th came and Haney went down for a second time making it obvious that Ryan was dominating the fight throughout the rounds. Then the 11th comes around and Haney took a hard left hook from Ryan Garcia, dropping him down for the third time during the fight.

The ref tried to stop the fight two times by waving his hands meaning that the fight is now over and Haney kept fighting so the ref let him which is illegal to let him continue the fight once he clearly said the fight was already off. The 12th round comes along and at the last 30 seconds Ryan mocks Devin because he just knew he had won the fight after knocking Devin down 3 times during the match. The judges ended up scoring the bout 112 to Ryan and 112 to Haney, and this score upset many fans all around because it doesn’t make sense to score someone who had been knocked down 3 times during the fight. Ryan and all his coaches were confused how Haney was able to retrieve the amount of the points when Ryan was completely dominating the whole fight. By majority decision Ryan had won the fight, the judges and ref were in favor of Haney the whole fight and Ryan was able to pull through it all and win the fight. I was really glad he had won because I wanted him to win and my $300 I had put on Ryan to win the fight had gone up to $1800 and I was able to get my money the next day after a successful bet.