My Start in Regional Mexican Music

It all started once I was showed the genre by a cousin during my freshman year of high school. The music was part of my Hispanic culture and soon I found the lyrics and the sound in the music really catchy and enjoyable. Fast forward 5 months later, I not only just want to listen to this music but I want to learn how to play it as well. I asked for a guitar during Christmas and got the guitar I wanted but there was a problem. I didn’t know how to play guitar so I spent countless hours learning and learning but I felt like nothing helped me get better at it. I would watch other people play it live wondering how do they play it so smooth without messing up one chord. I lost hope in learning but I still loved the music and then soon I said to myself “I’m going to do this.” So I spent 5 months more learning and learning and I finally found progress during my practices and now I can finally say I can play guitar with ease and confidence. It goes to show that anyone can progress with practice and that even if you want to give up, you’ve got to tell yourself to keep going.

I went on to play music of my own and create my own type of songs. I collaborated with the people around me that had the same story as me and our main goal now is to get noticed by just somebody hoping to give us an opportunity soon. I got my cousin into the music community and now he knows how to play music as well, we are in a music group now called “Sin Destino” which means no destination in English. What music taught me was a good valuable lesson in life to not give up on something you want so bad because eventually that something will become one thing you glad you did.