Megamind is One of the Best Movies

Movies I Like and Why pt. 1

I’m partly stuck with writer’s block, and partly hesitant to touch on the subjects I want to. So I feel like now is the perfect opportunity to make an opinion piece (I need the grade). So I’m going to list off reasons Megamind is such a good movie.

• DREAMWORKS: Dreamworks slays almost every movie they make. I personally am not a fan of the type of humor coming from movies like Shrek(don’thateme), BUT I find most of Megamind really really funny
  • CREATIVITY: redeemed villains seems like a basic plot, but completely changed villains can be even better than the original heroes, AMAZING.
  • PLOT: Hear me out, the whole origin of someone born into a privileged family being seen as a hero when they’re tired of performing ON TOP OF someone else being born from struggle and raised in struggle AND being isolated from people turning into a redeemed villain? PERFECTION.
  • RELATIVENESS: The fact it not only tackles underestimated outcasts but PERFECTLY demonstrates toxic masculinity with fear of rejection and how not adorable but TERRIFYING it is??? Without offending people too? AND the fact it wasn’t just conventionally unattractiveness that made someone creepy (because she ended up with a blue guy with a huge head anyways) is so astonishingly beautiful
  • MUSIC: Cmon.. Highway to Hell AND Crazy Train? The soundtracks of the Shrek series and Puss In Boots and Prince of Egypt, all masterpieces
  • ENTERTAINMENT: The plot is easy to follow for younger kids and interesting for older kids. It’s not weirdly inappropriate to fit adults either, it’s just genuinely a good watch. The fight scenes, the dialogue, the amount of different settings in the same city, the outfit designs, the personality of characters being properly portrayed is so unbelievably enjoyable

Overall, the humor and plot and characters makes it so easy to analyze while also being good background noise. If I wasn’t so in love with Coraline this would be my number one FAVORITE movie. The fact that I put this movie above Corpse Bride is so insane but it genuinely deserves it, it’s a fun movie and for how much attention it gets it is STILL underrated.

Because of my writer’s block and my genuine annoyance with educating what is so easily googleable I’m now making this my new series: Movies I like and why because.. who’s gonna stop me?