17th Birthday

17th+Birthday

This past Saturday (November 25th) it was my birthday and I decided to have a pajama party with my friends. But before we talk about that we have to start at the very beginning of the day which was 1AM. So at one in the morning I ended up crying as every girl does on their birthday without fail, having an existential life crisis. Then I went to sleep and woke up around 7 to take a shower and get my dog ready to go to Tijuana with my grandparents. I also had a nail appointment at 10AM which I needed to be ready for. I decided that I was going to straighten my hair so after my shower I was letting it air dry from then until I got home from the appointment. While on my way to the nail tech’s house I was trying to text her but she was not answering (she didn’t answer until 10:05). She apologized and said she woke up late and so I had to wait until 10:30 to actually go inside. I had told all my friends to arrive at 4:30 pm, but I was not done with my nails until 1PM and I still needed to go back home and do my hair, get all the things I needed, pick up the food, then go to my grandparents house (where I had the party). Once I got home I realized my roots did not dry so I had to blow dry my hair still. After all that I still did not finish my hair but I needed to leave so I took my stuff to finish there. While at my grandparents house I finished getting ready while my tia and tio set up the food and the projector in the backyard. nAll of my friends arrived very late but it worked out fine. Once my friends and cousins were there it was all really fun until I got a happy birthday text from the guy who I haven’t spoke to since May 15th at 3:15AM ( that was my soulmate for real) then that was in the back of my mind for the rest of the night. With my friends we did karaoke, played heads up, made tiktoks, and watched a scary movie. It was very cold outside so we were all huddled around the fire and sharing blankets, but I was only able to find three and there was 7 of us and I was sharing with a guy whom I may have or may not have liked in the past and vice versa. Because of the way we were sitting my knees were to my chest so I asked if I could lay my legs across him (he said yes then it was a whole thing), and because of that there will probably be a whole new thing surrounding it.  Then when Isaiah was leaving and I went to walk him out, and he and Briannah had planned to swing me around and it was really funny. My shoes flew off, Briannah could barely lift me up, and Isaiah’s parents were just watching the whole thing. After everyone left, my friend Briannah and my two cousins came back to my house and slept over. We were all laughing and having fun until we eventually fell asleep and that is how my birthday ended:)