Baphomet Is Not Satan

Debunking Satanist(Satanic Temple) Myths Pt. 3

I’ve seen a lot of people disrespecting Baphomet and referring to Baphomet as Ssatan, the devil, or an evil spirit. So I wanted to give a little background and information as to what Baphomet is exactly. First, Satanism was not the first appearance of Baphomet. Paganists were. Second, Baphomet isn’t evil. Baphomet represents balance. Above and below, bad and good, animal and human, male and female. Baphomet is half goat half human with hand signals representing above and below, and the original (and accurate) depictions would include female breasts and otherwise neutral or male anatomy (this was removed by some Satanist movements in order to have a main focus not including controversy around gender/sex related issues, I personally do not agree with that and it is an improper representation of Baphomet). Some Satanists worship themselves (my practice), or Baphomet just to have a representation of a (in their opinion) respectable deity.

If all of this is true.. how did Baphomet earn such a bad reputation? Most likely due to Christian beliefs revolving around horned animals representing the devil or evil in their practice. It was amplified due to hate towards paganism (due to them catching attention), and was EXTREMELY amplified during the Satanic panic (something I hope to touch on later). It’s important to remember, this doesn’t represent all people who are Christian. This is in no way to shame people who are or to endure guilt. People now aren’t responsible for related people’s history, and this doesn’t represent Christianity as a whole.

That being said, more information about Baphomet can be found here: <3 <3 <3  

Side note: I previously mentioned self-worship. This doesn’t mean I, or any other people with that practice worship themselves with a belief of superiority of others. It’s more like self-appreciation. Daily affirmations, frequent appreciation of everything we do or have, practicing gratitude towards our skills or hard work, scheduling time to take care of ourselves, etc. It doesn’t represent any god complex, we don’t believe we’re above other humans. I can’t promise that of EVERYONE because people do their own thing, but with proper self worship (in general), that wouldn’t be the case. This is also not meant to offend people who self worship with the belief of superiority, everyone is entitled to their own worship as long as it’s not harming others.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated, hate is never tolerated, strive to learn even at the expense of pride.