My Top Five Songs of the Month

At the end of every month I log into a website called “receiptify.” It connects to my Spotify and compiles a list of my top ten songs each month along with my top artists and genres. For this month, my top five songs, in order, were “Jonny” by Faye Webster, “1500 Pedas” by La Adictiva, “Sweet Boy” by Malcom Todd, “Timeless” (Taylor’s version) (from the vault) by Taylor Swift, and “Cyclones” by Wabie. The past couple of weeks I have been listening to “Jonny” on repeat because I love the way she sings and how soft but affirmative her voice sounds. In the song she is singing about a relationship that she craves and how she wants “Jonny” to step up to the plate. Ever since Taylor Swift released her re-recording of her Speak Now album and released the vault tracks back in July, I have been obsessed with “Timeless.” The song is about a relationship and how no matter, even in different universes, the couple would’ve had a “timeless” type of love. This song makes me think of The Notebook, as the love between the couple was seen as timeless; they worked everything out and still loved each other against all odds.