Regional Mexican Music Evolution and How To Get Started

During the years of Mexican Music there have been various of types of style, ranchero style which is an old classic type of Mexican music to corrido music which is a story telling and uplifting type of genre. Personally over the years of my life, I have been influenced by these types of genres and I have decided to get into music production myself. I worked with several people in the industry and they have taught me different tips on how to make the songs unique and how to make them standout from any other song out there. As an independent artist myself there are many ways to make a song, and those different songs usually fall into multiple categories like Romanticas, Corridos, Reggeaton or even Mexican rap which is starting to take off in this year’s music industry. Personally, I like to make songs that are Romanticas and corridos because they’re what people tend to listen to nowadays and therefore they’re what grabs my attention and other people’s attention as well. The new generation of Mexican music has taken off and it has been getting better and better. Every single day an artist releases a song that ends up reaching top of the charts. I have been heavily influenced by the people that are reaching the top charts and I try to have my own unique style from everyone else. Vocals are a big part of making a song because you need a voice or a talent of some sort for people to listen to your music and find it engaging for many people to listen to. I’ve been practicing my vocals for years, since I was a little kid I used to sing for school dances and celebrations along with my class and I found passion in music ever since and kept singing. When gaining some influence off your music off TikTok or another platform people like to reach out and those people are record labels. Don’t get excited yet that you’re being noticed because when signing to a record label there is a lot of shady business and you need to make sure that you read a contract really carefully because if you don’t then you won’t know how much you’ll make from the business and how you are going to be able to uplift your career the way you want to. Overall, be independent and know what your courses and obstacles are when trying to sign someone’s contract because in my opinion its better to do things that you want to do in your career and not what another third party company wants you to do in your career.